I am postdoc researcher in Geographical Information Science (GIS) at University of Central Florida (UCF). He joined UCF with Citizen Science GIS group for NSF & Smithsonian eelgrass drone mapping project, which collaborate with MarineGeo at the Smithsonian Institution, Cornell University, University of California-Davis to drone-map seagrass meadow sites along the west coast of North America from California to Alaska.
I am a FAA part 107 remote pilot and NASBLA recognized boat driver. Besides of doing research and teaching, you can find him fiddling with tech gadgets, cooking, and playing basketball.
My research involves topics on UAV/drone and satellite mapping, GIS, spatio-temporal geo-statistics, high-performance computing, sociological and environmental analysis and modeling.
- UAV & satellite remote sensing
- UAV/Drone mapping, Geographical fieldwork
- Optical, Multi-spectral, Hyper-spectral, Thermal, LiDAR, Radar, Nightlight imagery
- Image classification and segmentation, Object-based image analysis
- Spatio-temporal geo-statistics and GIS
- Spatio-temporal data modeling, fusing, forecasting and hindcasting
- Spatial statistics, Cokriging, Kalman filter, Conditional distribution
- High-performance computing, Parallel computing, Cloud computing
- Application areas
- Coastal seagrass mapping, Hydrological modeling
- Climate change, Urban heat island, Heat wave
- Spatio-temporal criminal activities prediction
- Ph.D., Geography – August, 2018, University of Cincinnati, USA
- MA, Geographic Information System (GIS) – June, 2013, University of Cincinnati, USA
- MS, Computer Science – July, 2011, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China
- BS, Mathematics – July, 2008, Shaanxi Normal University, Shaanxi, China